COMPENSATION: $75,000 – $80,000/Year DOE + Benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings every month to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Specialist will: conduct internal audits of tenant files; approve applications for tenancy; assist in setting and ensuring rent and income levels and utility allowances are properly adhered to and oversee the waitlist management for all sites. This person is also responsible for the coordination of third party compliance audits from stakeholders including but not limited to Federal/State and local government entities, investors, lenders and partners and will oversee corrections and successful closure of audit reports. He or she is responsible for compliance reporting to investors, lenders, partners and other regulating agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Review and offer feedback and/or for correction for all new housing applications within 24-48 hours of receipt from property staff. Track responses.
- Complete tenant file audits in a timely manner with accuracy.
- Communicate in an effective and clear manner with Charities Staff as well as with property investors, lenders, partners and other reporting agencies.
- Work together with Regional Manager and property staff in the coordination of external audits.
- Place all audit correspondence on the network drive and work with the Regional. Managers to make sure corrections are addressed by property staff within deadlines set by auditors.
- Prepare and submit all compliance reports to stakeholders timely and accurately.
- Track and update compliance calendar as needed.
- As new properties are developed; responsible for reviewing final regulatory agreements and adding all reporting requirements to the compliance schedule.
- Involved with establishing income, rent limits and utility allowance schedules for all properties in accordance with regulatory agreements.
- Perform physical file audit of no less than 20% of each property, annually.
- Support property staff in compliance training and be available for questions/information as it pertains to investor/lender guidelines.
- Provide all property staff with file set up guidelines (stacking order, cover sheet/dividers) for consistency throughout the portfolio.
- Support all Property Management needs in partnership with the Regional and Property manager in all aspect of a rent-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, or related field, preferred.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist; or ability to attain within six months of hire.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis in Excel, intermediate level desired; as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have strong math skills and be comfortable with review and analysis of financial and, analysis of simple statistical information.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated, prioritize multiple projects, and be detail- oriented.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Previous experience in reviewing Regulatory Agreements – preferred.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
No relocation benefits will be provided.
How to Apply
If interested please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1) E-mail title should read “Compliance Specialist”
2) A cover letter — send as an attachment
3) A copy of your resume — send as an attachment
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.