Desk Clerk – Mountain View
POSITION: Graveyard Desk Clerk
LOCATION(S): Mountain View, CA
HOURS PER WEEK: APPROX. 20 HOURS PER WEEK. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Property Manager, the desk clerk is responsible for the security of the public areas of the building. Greet guests, answer questions, and answer the telephone. Monitor the security / TV system screens, walk the property, and report any suspicious activity. Desk clerk is responsible for the clean appearance of the desk area and for enforcing rules regarding the lobby and library areas. Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to relate well to residents, guests, and other staff.
- Must be able to show they can exercise good judgment.
- Must be flexible in attitude and work schedule
- Must have good communication skills and telephone manners.
- Previous experience of similar type desirable.
- Demonstrate ability to work alone and follow directions.
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Be the public person at the front desk. Always present a good appearance (neat and clean). Greet guests and give entry to vendors or those (other than residents) visiting the property.
- Give entry and provide assistance to vendors or those (other than residents) visiting the property.
- Ensure visitor log, daily log, and other front desk forms are kept up to date.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and route telephone messages.
- Answer questions, give information regarding application and unit availability, answer the telephone, and take messages that are legible and complete in content.
- Post and distribute tenant notices.
- Observe the TV security monitors and report any suspicious activity. In the event of an emergency, respond to the appropriate service by calling 911 and then the Property Manager.
- Enforce policy regarding after hours guests. Register all overnight guests.
- Enforce prohibition against eating food in the lobby area and make sure that all litter is picked up immediately. Notify the janitor for large clean-up needs.
- Responsible for after hours writing of work order requests on the Maintenance Request Form including all relevant information such as date received and permission to enter.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Property Manager.
- Computer use.
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
How to Apply
If interested, please reply via email to email@example.com with the following information (in pdf format):
- Email title should read “Desk Clerk – Mountain View”
- Cover Letter
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.