Operations Assistant/Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Position: Operations Assistant/Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Compensation: $30.00-$33.00/Hour DOE
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
SCOPE: The Operations Assistant/ Human Resources Administrative Assistant will support operations in the Human Resources two (2) days a week and Property Operations three (3) days a week. This position will support the Property Management Department with onboarding new developments, rent-ups, compliance projects, software support, special projects, and provide support during staff absences to include Regional Manager coverage. This position will support the Human Resources department with recruitment and selection, employee benefits administration, and general Human Resources administration, and coordinating and serving as a liaison for assigned projects, and activities with internal departments, and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of Tax Credit rules and regulations, current HUD knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of property maintenance function and prioritization.
- 3 years’ experience in affordable housing and human resources preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing diverse human resources functions.
- 2-years’ experience working in office environment preferred.
- Must have demonstrated decision-making abilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working with social services providers and/or at-risk populations a plus.
- An Associates of Arts or Science in Business/Management, Real Estate or related field or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook are essential.
- Knowledge of property financials, ledgers and budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Understands and learns housing programs to support staff during rent ups.
- Leads in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures as established by the Director of Property Management and Human Resources Manager. This can include but is not limited to the creation of new forms, rolling out new process changes and tracking implementation.
- Assists Regional Managers in developing processes for improved efficiency.
- Creates, close and distributes the site weekly reports.
- Serves as a backup for the Regional Manager and on a rare occasion for site managers.
- Maintains and manages filing for the Property Management and Human Resources departments.
- Responds to client inquiries in a timely manner.
- Coordinates recruitment activities to include preparing and posting job announcements, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews.
- Conducts employment reference and background checks, prepares offer letters, prepares and conducts new hire orientations.
- Prepares all new hire and termination packages.
- Prepares and maintains employment files in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Conducts exit interviews and ensures that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Coordinates, assists, and supports the administration of employee benefits programs.
- Coordinates with outside staffing agencies to secure temporary employees, based on departmental needs.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of filing, record-keeping, and tracking systems.
- Enters all terminated employees in the COBRA administration provider website.
- Maintains a professional attitude, demeanor, and appearance at all times while representing the Agency, especially while interacting with customers, partners, residents and guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Property Management and Human Resources Manager.
- Extensive use of computers and telephone
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to attend meetings both on-site and off-site including construction sites where physical barriers may be present. Occasionally on weekends or after business hours.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
If interested, please reply via email to email@example.com with the following (in pdf form):
1. E-mail title should read “Human Resources Administrative Assistant”
2. A cover letter — send as an attachment
3. A copy of your resume — send as an attachment
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.