POSITION: Maintenance Technician
COMPENSATION: $28.50/Hour + 3 bedroom Rent free apartment (subject to occupancy regulatory standards)
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation and Holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings bi-weekly to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The Maintenance Technician is expected to complete work orders in a timely manner. Work orders might include, but are not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, and painting tasks. Maintenance Technician will work closely with the property managers in ensuring the property is well-maintained and necessary supplies are ordered on a timely basis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical, plumbing, painting and general building maintenance required.
- Painting/Drywall: Ability to make repairs to drywall, texture, taping and painting.
- Plumbing: Ability to complete minor leak repairs, unclog drains, replace sinks, garbage disposals, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Electrical: Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems.
- A/C: Ability to maintain, repair and troubleshoot in-unit HVAC.
- Must possess a valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency.
- Performs a wide array of maintenance duties, including unit inspection, preventative maintenance, emergency, cosmetic and routine maintenance.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets; performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repairs door hinges.
- Changes filters on HVAC units.
- Service appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment; hook up appliances as needed.
- Reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action.
- Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites.
- Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of higher skilled crafts or third-party vendors.
- Annotates and updates work logs for specific site requirements.
- Responds to alarm calls during and after regular work hours.
- Unit turnover and preparation for new move in.
- Assist with unit inspections throughout the year as requested by the property manager (minimally once a year) and executes work orders resulting from same.
- Work with property manager to schedule and respond to work orders.
- Conducts or collaborates with the Property Manager to conduct the quarterly inspections and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty, or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts.
- Painting: Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
- Ability to bend/squat, work in tight spaces.
- Computer use.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.