POSITION: Project Manager
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation and Holidays.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID, STAFF IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY. REMOTE/HYBRID WORK TO BE EVALUATED IN THE FUTURE
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings twice a week to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others to make our projects the best they can be.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: As a member of the development team, the project manager performs all tasks associated with the due diligence, entitlement, construction and/or rehabilitation of affordable housing developments primarily throughout Santa Clara County. The project manager will be assigned specific projects/tasks and then is expected to take responsibility for completion. The project manager is expected to manage a minimum of three real estate development projects at one time, in various stages of development. This work is performed under the direction of the Director of Development.
Required technical knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Highly skilled with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and word processing (Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge in accounting, architecture, construction, finance, and/or real estate principles.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under strict time constraints and deadlines.
- Affordable Housing development experience.
Minimum educational level:
- B.A. in business administration with emphasis or concentration in finance, or real estate; or
- B.A. in planning, public policy, architecture or construction management; or
- B.A. in civil or structural engineering.
Work Experience required:
- Three years of relevant experience in real estate development project management; or
- Two years of relevant experience in real estate development project management with an advanced degree in one of the specified educational fields above.
- Prior experience with affordable housing finance and working with government funding and government agencies.
Interpersonal and organizational skills:
- Ability to work with and in a team of multiple partners.
- Ability to self motivate and work with minimal direction to complete complex tasks.
- Ability to organize information so that it is readily available to others.
- Ability to be responsive to requests in person, by email, phone and other sources.
- Ability to manage complicated workflow and quickly respond in changing environments.
- Comfortable seeking assistance when necessary.
- Capable of negotiating between competing interests and making difficult decisions.
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Working with the acquisitions team, complete feasibility/due diligence tasks.
- Engage and provide on-going coordination between architects, contractors, attorneys, and other members of the development team.
- Perform tasks necessary to obtain local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing developments including submit land use applications, working with City staff, and organize and conduct neighborhood meetings including testifying during public hearings under the direction of the Acquisitions Manager.
- Prepare and monitor adherence to timelines.
- Provide on-going coordination with property and asset management staff within the organization to incorporate management input on the design, operating budgets and resident profile and assist with marketing, leasing and other activities related to the lease-up of new developments.
- Assist in preparation of financial and economic feasibility analysis for new developments.
- Assist in the preparation and submit applications for funding to federal, state, local and private funding sources
- Perform all types of administrative tasks and other related activities as required including project cost accounting and interface with auditors as necessary.
- Perform construction administration/management activities including drafting and oversight of construction contracts, site inspections, change order evaluation, and preparation of monthly draw requests.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department business needs.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
If interested please reply via email to email@example.com with the following (in pdf form):
1) Cover Letter
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.