Regional Property Manager
POSITION: Regional Property Manager
COMPENSATION: $95,000 – $110,000 DOE
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families, and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse, and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship, and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings every 2 weeks to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Regional Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of a set of properties within the Charities Housing portfolio. The Regional Manager is also responsible for; strong fiscal performance, solid regulatory compliance, maintaining the physical integrity of each property, and developing a skilled and qualified management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of all properties by maintaining occupancies and adhering to budgets.
- Manage a team of Full-time employees at your designated sites (number of employees and sites are TBD)
- Monitors monthly financial performance on properties to insure that financial goals and budgets are met – including review of accounts receivable, individual property cash flow, rent increases, and replacement reserves.
- Knowledgeable in Tax Credit compliance standards for file content, review files for accuracy and completeness. Ensure Tax Credit compliance for each project. Respond to auditors and audit findings.
- Ensures that site and property office procedures are efficient, appropriate, and automated where possible.
- Ensures that property files are maintained and in good order.
- Ensures property management staff follows company policies and procedures with regards to funding and lender agreements.
- Prepare for site audits and inspections as required.
- Ensures evictions are processed in compliance with regulatory guidelines, as well as fair housing policy guidelines.
- Ensures and evaluates competitive bidding for services and repairs.
- May involve court appearances for eviction procedures
- Approves site expenses according to company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCIAL
- Ensure correct certification/recertification processes at properties.
- Ensure YARDI is accurate and up to date with any vacancies, On-notice tenants, new move-ins etc. Understand tenant related details that might be necessary for reporting.
- Ensure correct and timely rent collection at all properties.
- Review and submission to bookkeeping of Security Deposit Refunds at all properties
- Provide written reports for the Board on properties in the portfolio. Attend Asset Committee and, if necessary, Board meetings.
- Monitor for a Reserve for Replacement Schedule and cost analysis for every property. Propose replacement expenditures.
- Collect, review, and prepare weekly operations reports from all properties (Weekly call-in).
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for each property.
- With Director of Property Manager and other regional manager/s, ensure 24-hour emergency system for the CHDC portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with Fair Housing law, including Reasonable Accommodation requests.
- Review some Lease Violation Notices, and review & approve all termination notices.
- Timely referral of any legal issues to the attorneys.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.A. degree preferred
- Current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) desired
- Tax Credit Certification
- Specific knowledge of Tax Credit rules and regulations, current HUD knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of property maintenance function and prioritization.
- On-site Property Management & lease up experience.
- 2-years’ experience working in an office environment; demonstrated decision-making abilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working with social services providers and/or at-risk populations preferred
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
If interested, please reply via email to email@example.com with the following information (in pdf format):
- Email title should read “Regional Property Manager”
- Cover Letter
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.