POSITION: Revenue Manager
COMPENSATION: $110,000 to 130,000/Year DOE
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(K), paid sick, vacation and holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
Experience: Must have prior affordable housing property lease up experience with knowledge of Tax Credit, HUD and voucher processing through a Housing Authority. Strong analytical background to conduct rent revenue strategies and market surveys.
Ability: Must show ability to keep accurate records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Organization: Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities, ability to multitask, and deal effectively and professionally with people and work in a fast-paced office environment.
Languages: Bilingual a plus.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in affordable housing marketing, leasing and affordable housing compliance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Experience with property lease ups preferred.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives direct supervision from the Director of Property Management and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides supervision to Revenue Specialist and may provide general supervision to lower-level positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following duties are normal for this position, but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Manages marketing and generating traffic. Creates the marketing plan for sites.
- Train staff on leasing procedures.
- Occupancy trouble shooting.
- Create processes and timelines for team to ens ure deadlines and goals are met. Leas es units to achieve agency occupancy goals.
- Conducts market surveys by tracking local market trends.
- Analyze rental income, recommend strategies to increase revenue.
- Conduct rent burden analysis.
- Ensure complete accurate res ident files at move-in within es tablis hed regulatory guidelines.
- Oversees a team to create processes to complete move-in files with a high degree of accuracy on an expedited timeline to meet each property’s occupancy rental requirements and lease up deadlines.
- Must complete file audits in a timely manner with accuracy, track any corrections that need to be made and follow to ensure corrections completed.
- Provides weekly reports to management regarding status of lease ups and tracking percentage leased.
- Responsible to work with the property management staff in the lease up of all new properties.
- Provides leasing support and guidance to on-site staff as well as to Regional Managers in person, via email and/or phone.
- Conduct annual surveys to track tenant satisfaction.
- Participates in and may instruct organization provided training.
- Work with Regional Managers and property staff in the coordination of leasing units.
- Performs other tasks as required when directed by the Director of Property Management.
- Provide all property staff with file set up guidelines (stacking order, cover sheet/dividers) for consistency throughout the portfolio.
- Promote positive, proactive applicant interactions to ensure experience with Charities Housing is highest quality.
- Exercises common sense, good judgment, consistency, and self-control in day-to-day contact with Applicants/Residents and in other business-related matters.
- Adheres to Fair Housing Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements. Ensured compliance with fair housing laws and tenant confidentiality guidelines.
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County
- Computer use
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
If interested please reply via email to email@example.com with the following (in pdf form):
1. E-mail title should read “Revenue Manager”
2. Cover letter
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.