Senior Project Manager
POSITION: Senior Project Manager
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID, STAFF IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY. REMOTE/HYBRID WORK TO BE EVALUATED IN THE FUTURE
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings twice a week to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others to make our projects the best they can be.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: This is a senior position where responsibilities include activities related to all development stages in the construction of new housing, as well as refinancing and rehabilitation of existing developments. As a member of the development team, the Senior Project Manager is assigned specific projects and then expected to take lead responsibility for all aspects of the project from land/property acquisition through construction completion. The Senior Project Manager is expected to manage 3-4 developments at one time, in various stages of development. Strong analytical, writing and proforma/budget skills is required.
Education & Experience Required:
- B.A. in business administration with emphasis or concentration in finance, or real estate; or
- B.A. in planning, public policy, architecture, or construction management or
- B.A. in civil or structural engineering
- Five years of relevant experience in real estate development, project management or
- Two years of relevant experience in real estate development, project management with an advanced degree in one of the specified fields above.
- Prior experience with affordable housing finance and working with government funding and government agencies.
- Required technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in Microsoft Excel and Word
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Represent the organization at public meetings where clear communication, ability to relate to a variety of diverse individuals and groups, and presentation of complex housing issues is required.
- Prepare and submit funding applications to federal, state, local and private funding sources.
- Prepare financial and economic feasibility analysis and maintain ongoing oversight of budget and expenditures as the development move forward
- Perform tasks necessary to obtain local approvals and neighborhood acceptance.
- Prepare project time line and monitor adherence to schedule.
- Engage and provide on-going coordination between architects, contractors, attorneys, and other members of the development team.
- Provide on-going coordination with property and asset management staff within the organization to incorporate management input on the design, operating budgets and resident profile.
- Perform all types of administrative tasks and other related activities as required including project cost accounting and interface with auditors as necessary.
- Perform construction administration/management activities including drafting and oversight of construction contracts, site inspections, change order evaluation, and preparation of monthly draw requests.
- Supervise less senior staff as requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department business needs.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
How to Apply
If interested please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1) Cover Letter 2) Resume
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.