Assistant Property Manager
Full time Assistant Property Manager of a 214 unit 100% tax credit (TCAC) multi-family property in San Jose, CA
The assistant manager is expected to support the resident manager within the performance guidelines set for the individual property. These include measurables such as recertifications, interviews, vacancy, make ready times, outstanding work/case management requests, delinquencies etc. These are measured weekly.
Prior property management experience, preferably with tax credit properties, a plus.
Must show ability to keep records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
English/Spanish Bilingual a plus or English/Vietnamese.
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of one year experience in performing on-site property management and clerical duties as a Community Manager and/or Assistant Community Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. HUD and/or TCAC experience highly preferred. Must be able to show a valid California Driver’s License.
Receives direct supervision from the Property Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. May provide general supervision to lower level positions.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position but are not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Takes direction from Property Manager
- Assists in, and conducts, initial and annual recertification
- Service residents’ complaints and requests
- Market vacancies
- Daily inspections of grounds and vacant units
- Process tenant applications (Credit, landlord, income and criminal background check)
- Maintain project files with daily filing in tenant, maintenance, vendor and project files.
- Annual inspection of units
- Scheduling of resident maintenance requests
- Enforces tenant rules and regulations
- Assists in Maintenance of property files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the properties
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County.
- Computer use.
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
Compensation: DOE + Benefits package which includes Medical (Kaiser), Dental, Vision, FSA, and 401(k). Paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
To apply, submit the following in pdf form:
- Email title should read “Assistant Manager 214-units”
- Cover letter
This position will remain open until it is filled.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
No relocation will be provided.