Property Manager – The Met
POSITION: Property Manager for two properties located next to one another with a total of a 102-unit 100% Tax credit property which includes 10 Project Based Vouchers through the County of Santa Clara.
COMPENSATION: $68,040/Year + 2 bedroom Rent free apartment (subject to occupancy and regulatory standards)
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(K), paid sick, vacation and holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families, and those in our community with special needs. For 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse, and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship, and training are priorities for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
SCOPE: Accept responsibilities for property, employees, vendors, and contractors of the apartment complex, and tenant relations.
Experience: Must have prior property management experience with Tax Credit and Voucher processing through a Housing Authority.
Ability: Must show ability to keep accurate records, demonstrate supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Organization: Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities, ability to multitask, and deal effectively and professionally with people and work in a fast-paced office environment.
Languages: Bilingual a plus.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience performing on-site property management and administrative duties as a Property Manager and/or Assistant Property Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Experience with property lease ups preferred.
Receives direct supervision from the Regional Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides general supervision to assistant manager, maintenance, janitorial and emergency contacts and may provide general supervision to lower-level positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position, but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Meets occupancy and rent collection goals for each assigned property.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with residents, staff, vendors & service providers.
- Handles monthly rent collection, ensuring all notices go out according to company policy.
- Schedules and conducts initial and annual re-certifications.
- Attends to all residents' concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner while offering optimal customer service at all times.
- Enforces tenant rules and regulations.
- Manages and maintains wait-list in accordance with applicable housing program and fair housing regulations.
- Processes and maintains property files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the property and be up to date with all document filing.
- Processes housing applications which include credit, background checks, landlord verification, income and asset information and any other verification required by the housing program to determine program eligibility.
- Work with the County of Santa Clara to obtain referrals for Project Based Voucher (PBV) units and process applicants according to the PBV program.
- Conducts move-ins, move outs, and annual unit inspections. Execute work orders resulting from inspections.
- Ensures payables and rents are up to date in Yardi and keeps tenant ledgers updated and accurate at all times.
- Provides direction and oversight for contractors servicing the grounds and property maintenance; unit turnovers; janitorial.
- Submits weekly operations and monthly receivables reports to Regional Manager and other management staff as requested and/or required.
- Daily inspections of grounds and vacant units
- Prepares for and participates in site compliance audits and inspections.
- Maintains project files with daily filing in tenant, maintenance, vendor, and project files.
- Schedules and follows through on resident maintenance requests, to include timely opening and closing of work orders in Yardi.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Driving or ability to travel between various locations in Santa Clara County
- Computer use
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
**Selected candidate will be required to live on site. **
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.