POSITION: Property Manager of a 62-unit 100% tax credit (TCAC) property.
COMPENSATION: $68,040/Year + 2 bedroom Rent free apartment (subject to occupancy and regulatory standards)
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(K), paid sick, vacation and Holidays.
Charities Housing’s mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
SCOPE: Accept leadership responsibilities for property, employees, and contractors of the apartment complex, and tenant and public relations.
Experience: Must have prior property management experience with Tax Credit properties.
Ability: Must show ability to keep records, demonstrate professionalism, leadership and supervisor qualities, and enjoy working with others.
Organization: Must be well organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities, ability to multi task, and deal with people and work in a fast paced office environment.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. BA degree is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience performing on-site property management and clerical duties as a Property Manager and/or Assistant Property Manager; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. TCAC experience required.
Receives direct supervision from the Regional Manager and may receive direction from higher level positions. Provides general supervision to Maintenance, Janitorial and emergency contacts and may provide general supervision to lower level positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with residents, staff, vendors & service providers.
- Handle monthly rent collection, ensuring all notices go out according to company policy.
- Schedules and conducts initial and annual re-certifications.
- Attend to all residents’ concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner while offering optimal customer service at all times.
- Enforces tenant rules and regulations.
- Manages and maintains wait-list in accordance with applicable housing program and fair housing regulations.
- Process and maintain property files in compliance with the affordable housing programs applicable to the property and be up to date with all document filing.
- Meet occupancy and rent collection goals for each assigned property.
- Process housing applications which include credit, background checks, landlord verification, income and asset information and any other verification required by the housing program to determine program eligibility.
- Conduct move-ins, move outs, and annual unit inspections. Execute work orders resulting from inspections.
- Ensure payables and rents are up to date in Yardi and keep tenant ledgers updated at all times.
- Provides direction and oversight for contractors servicing the grounds and property maintenance; unit turnovers; janitorial.
- Submits weekly and monthly operations reports to Regional Manager and other management staff as requested and/or required.
- Daily inspections of grounds and vacant units
- Prepares for and participates in site compliance audits and inspections.
- Maintains project files with daily filing in tenant, maintenance, vendor and project files.
- Schedule resident maintenance requests.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Driving or ability to travel between different locations in Santa Clara County
- Computer use
- Sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/move/carry up to and including 50 pounds.
**Selected candidate will be required to live on-site.**
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
How to Apply
If interested, please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1. E-mail title should read “Property Manager”
2. A cover letter — send as an attachment
3. A copy of your resume — send as an attachment
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation benefits will be provided.